Hi. We’re Jam3, a design and experience agency. We help modern brands launch their products and design new customer experiences in digital, and beyond.
Our team brings folks together from around the world. We have Strategy, Creative, Experience Design and Production all under one roof (four roofs, actually). This amazing fusion of talents lets us make things we could never make alone.
Innovating all day makes us pretty fun people to work with too. We’re curious about new ideas, we know how to make them happen, and we’re always there to support each other throughout the process.
If you like making good things even better you’ll fit right in.
As our new Technical Architect, you are a leader in the development department. Your industry experience and knowledge of coding standards are unmatched but it’s your passion to share the knowledge that makes you a rockstar!
You’ll be responsible for architecting projects and acting as a technical consultant on brilliant executions for our clients worldwide. We're project-based, so we're always working with someone interesting, be it adidas, Facebook, Google, Oculus, Netflix, or Diageo.
Read on for details! We’re looking forward to meeting you.
The Real Opportunity!
- Your love of technology is insatiable to the point you think researching is fun. Constantly learning is your dream job.
- Working on multiple projects at a time and with support from your Lead Developers, you’ll be responsible for pre-planning projects and making sure they are set up for success.
- Help to review peer’s code on projects and when is needed or requested.
- Prototype internal tools or fundamental parts of projects.
- Define the technical approach, identifying critical components, and following best practices.
- Define or create infrastructure approaches.
- Mentor your team members, levelling up your leadership and management skills seeing team members succeed beyond company expectations through bi-weekly 1 on 1s; and providing support and career growth.
- Be a mentor and promote knowledge growth.
- Attention to detail is critical. We take great pride in making sure every deliverable is 100 percent. You will help us get better through your keen technical eye and upholding of coding standards on a daily basis.
- Help the Technical Directors provide estimations for new technical solutions
- Make sure our teams are always doing things the best (and most efficient) way possible
- Achieving project outcomes at a high level, checking in weekly (more if needed) to make sure projects are on track, answering questions and removing obstacles for your team.
- Collaborate with the QA Manager to build the QA plan, your role is to communicate any concerns you might have upfront.
- Actively participate in the dev community pushing the company forward through blog writing, speaking at conferences, attending meetups, maintaining/creating our own open-source projects/libraries.
- Administer training materials for new team members, co-op students and programs like We3.
- Identify new talent and participate in the interviewing process. Help build the team you work with by referring top candidates to the Talent Team and HR on a monthly basis.
- Create tools to reduce duplicated work and to ensure high-quality standards on every project.
- Collaborate with the DevOps team to achieve optimal infrastructures.
Bonus Skills that Excite Us!
- If you’ve been a full-stack developer (Frontend, Backend, DevOps)
- If your technical experience is deep and wide
- If you’ve like to give talks and write articles
- If you’ve been an Instructor/Teacher
- If you’re autonomous and proactive
- If you have experience in a management role.
Be prepared to discuss things like:
- Your experience working with different technologies, infrastructure, programming languages, etc
- Important topics like Security, Performance, Accessibility, Reliability, etc
- How well you understand the big picture on a project.
- What kind of best practices and standards you have in your toolbelt.
- Possible solutions to common issues.
- Areas of growth are you focus on.
- Management skills.
Jam3 is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage all applicants. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.