Hi. We’re Jam3, a design and experience agency. We help modern brands launch their products and design new customer experiences in digital, and beyond.
Our team brings folks together from around the world. We have Strategy, Creative, Experience Design and Production all under one roof (four roofs, actually). This amazing fusion of talents lets us make things we could never make alone.
Innovating all day makes us pretty fun people to work with too. We’re curious about new ideas, we know how to make them happen, and we’re always there to support each other throughout the process.
If you like making good things even better you’ll fit right in.
As our new DevOps Specialist, you’ll be responsible for solidifying the internal organization structure and infrastructure, as well as on brilliant executions for our clients worldwide. We're project-based, so we're always working with someone interesting, be it Adidas, Facebook, Google, Oculus, Netflix, or Diageo.
Read on for details! We’re looking forward to meeting you.
The Real Opportunity!
- Your love of technology is insatiable to the point you think researching is fun. Constantly learning is your dream job.
- Working on multiple projects at a time and with support from your Technical Architects and Technical Directors, you’ll be responsible for pre-planning and executing infrastructures, and making sure they are set up for success.
- Working on making better our dynamic internal infrastructure, to cover a big vast type of projects.
- Prototype internal devops tools on projects or jam3 infrastructure.
- Define the technical devops approach, identifying critical components, and following best practices.
- With the help of the Technical Architects, define or create infrastructure approaches.
- Be a mentor and promote knowledge growth.
- Attention to detail is critical. We take great pride in making sure every deliverable is 100 percent. You will help us get better through your keen technical eye and upholding of coding standards on a daily basis.
- Help the Technical Directors provide estimations for new infrastructure solutions.
- Make sure our infrastructure solutions are always doing things the best (and most efficient) way possible.
- Answering questions and removing obstacles for your team.
- Collaborate with the Directors to build a solid plan, your role is to communicate any concerns you might have upfront.
- Actively participate in the dev/devops community pushing the company forward through blog writing, speaking at conferences, attending meetups, maintaining/creating our own open-source projects/libraries.
- Administer training materials for new team members, co-op students and programs like We3.
- Identify new talent and participate in the interviewing process. Help build the team you work with by referring top candidates to the Talent Team and HR on a monthly basis.
- Create tools to reduce duplicated work and to ensure high-quality standards on every project.
Bonus Skills that Excite Us!
- If you’ve been a DevOps Engineer, especially on AWS.
- If your technical experience is deep and wide.
- If you'd like to give talks and write articles.
- If you’ve been an Instructor/Teacher.
- If you’re autonomous, proactive, accountable and organized.
Be prepared to discuss things like:
- Your experience working as DevOps
- Your expertise on Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud and Azure (listed based on the importance)
- Other technical topics like Terraform, Continuous Integration and Deployments, and Serverless and Microservices.
- Best practices coding infrastructures or scripts.
- What kind of best practices and standards you have in your toolbelt.
- Possible solutions to common issues.
- Areas of growth you focus on.
Jam3 is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage all applicants. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.